Friday 5 May 2017

Mindful Eating with Hypnotherapy


Week 1

After an already hectic week I wasn’t sure how I was feeling about my new course. I knew relatively little about Mindful Eating, but what I did know was I needed to explore my relationship with eating. Over the years I have tried a lot of different ‘diets’ and needless to say I have a liberal sprinkling of scepticism about the course. This was totally my own fears and self-sabotage rearing its ugly head.


The best part about the introduction was finding like-minded people who were also exploring food relationships and a facilitator who understood frustration. It became quite apparent that this course was NOT about weight management, goal setting, unrealistic expectations or guilt. This was a welcomed start to our journey.

The introduction to the Mindful Eating Hypnotherapy was clear and targeted for the group, which made us all feel at ease. We all left with a feeling of calm and relaxation. In the days since the course we have been asked to be aware of how we felt about eating and ourselves when we are around food. There have been some interesting discoveries, at certain points I have decided to say ‘no’, I have wanted to eat a lot of childhood foods and generally felt food as something happy. I’m not sure what other developments, if any, will happen over the course but I will keep you posted. Aynsley

If you would like to know more I will be posting this blog for the next six weeks. Please like and share. For interest in doing a course please phone Katherine Locke on 07791182023 or email katherine@followyourfreedom.co.uk and for similar courses please phone the Axminster Health & Wellbeing Centre on 01297 32331


No comments:

Post a Comment